The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
Our institution has established Health Club in the year 2019-20, for the benefit of students, faculties and staff members of our college, based on the scope and guidelines given by the University Grants Commission for HEIs. The club’s vision is to develop sensitivity among students and faculties in particular and the community in general regarding Health & Nutrition, Personal Hygiene, Awareness and maintenance of a healthy life style.
Objectives of the Health Club
The Government of India has given fitness and good health a national priority to motivate every person to come up to sound physical standards. In order to address the Health issues and create awareness towards students, faculties and staff members, the Health Club was initiated with unique objectives.
- To promote and provide awareness about food safety.
- To create awareness about the Health status and Health related issues among female and male students, faculties and staff members.
- To accord high priority to physical and mental fitness.
- To provide counseling for the different Health issues of the students and faculties by the team of Doctors.
- To encourage and adopt policies and practices towards fitness and well-being.
Accomplishments of the Health Club
- Dental care awareness programme on 26.02.2020 at Chemistry block, College campus.
- Covid-19 awareness programme on 16.03.2020 at Chemistry block, College campus.
We are conducting regular Yoga classes for both female and male students and the faculties in the campus to realise the objectives of the club.